Friday, November 5, 2010

Meet the Band: Emily Bump

No, we didn't forget about our 6th band member! And we know once you hear her crisp, melodic vocals, you won't either! Meet Emily Bump, background vocalist for GRD. In addition to lending her voice to our band and First Lutheran Church's morning worship team, Emily is a working mother of 1 (and a half) - Zoe, age 4, and a baby boy, in utero. :-)

This 32 year old Ellenboro, NC native (what? you don't know where that is?) loves gardening and spending time with family and friends. Here's more about Emily in her own words...

How did you start playing with GRD? As a member of First Lutheran Church and a frequent go-er of the Sunday evening Shout service, Luke and I felt led to get more involved in God's ministry. We told Chad and Jaclyn how interested we were in helping them, and here we are, many years, later as part of the Shout team.

Why did you start playing with GRD? As one of the other band members mentioned earlier, it evolved from the Shout service and a little jam session at our favorite Church Retreat Center in Arden, North Carolina. Playing music with friends, laughing out loud, and saying "Hey, one day we could be spreading God's word doing what we love."

Favorite food: What do you mean favorite? I have to choose one? LOL

Favorite band/singer: I love "ALL" types of music. Two of my grandfathers played in blue grass bands, my dad sang in a quartet in Church when I was younger, my mom has always been part of the choir, and when my family gets together for the holidays it has always been out favorite past time to sing old gospel hymns and Christmas carols. Besides bluegrass, I love country, rock, alternative, R&B, everything really. Some major favorites are Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alanis Morrisette, Michael Jackson, Pink, Casting Crowns, Third Day, Mercy Me, "Demon Hunter, Love ya Yogi", Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, George Straight, Elvis, Dean Martin, Frank Senatra, etc. My list could go on forever.

Pet Peeve: You mean what is not my pet peeve? I am pregnant, right?

Most interesting place you have ever visited: Concentration camp in Germany

What do you want to be when you "grow up?" I would like to work as an advocate for abused victims. That has been a lifelong dream of mine.

What inspires you? My daughter's open mind and willingness to soak up everything that relates to Jesus/God. She opens my eyes every day.

Favorite vacation spot: Wherever we are headed....beach, mountains, I don't care.

Right or left handed? Right- unless you make me mad... then both.

Most embarrassing moment: Singing in a contest in Atlanta and they started my music in the wrong spot in the wrong key and let's just say, it didn't go very well. I was really young and had memorized my song and notes, so I sang what I knew.

Proudest Moment: The birth of my daughter

Favorite GRD song at the moment: Believe

What makes you smile? My daughter smiling at me and laughing and when she says "Good night, Jesus. I love you."


Well, that wraps up our "Meet the Band" posts! So, now that you know a little bit more about the 6 that make up GRD, come "Meet the Band" in person at our CD Release Show on November 20th!

No comments:

Post a Comment